jueves, 22 de septiembre de 2016

Best Friends Forever


Many years ago I went to see my best friend at her office; I needed help and advice to make a decision. I sat in a chair at her desk in front of her, the door was shut close it was just the two of us discussing important matters. She then gave me her opinion which sounded very painful to my ears, I felt judged and misunderstood. She told me things I did not agree with or wanted to hear. I let her finish talking, and then I stood up feeling hurt and angry, and walked out of her office slamming the door shut behind me scaring everyone else nearby.

I got home still feeling very upset and when I told my husband what had happened he said: “You know what to do. She is your best friend; you can't stay mad at her for forever. You both need to fix it. Losing your best friend is not an option.”

Two days later she called asking to meet for lunch at a Restaurant, I agreed and we sat down at the table where she told me she was sorry for the things she had said. She explained that she loves me like family and wanted only to help me make the right decision and see things from another perspective. She now understood how painful that might have sounded for me and wanted to apologize. She felt sure that I was smart enough to make the right decision and whatever I decided she would be very happy for me as my friend.

She then added:  “By the way people in the office were really scared when you slammed the door to my office and wanted to know what I had done to you, because everyone thinks you are always so sweet that you would not hurt a fly”. We laughed since we both know I am also capable of being a total witch.

We quickly forgot our disagreement and everything returned to normal and all worked out just fine. We have been friends forever and I would always turn to her for advice, because I know she will give me the hard truth and not the pretty lies, and she won't sugar coat it. I adore her, and when we are together we always have the most amazing time laughing, having fun and telling stories. She is someone I have shared precious moments with; she was my bridesmaid at my wedding over sixteen years ago, we sat talking non-stop in a Restaurant in Munich ten years ago while having lunch and last year we were at a bar in Miami sipping cocktails.
She is always in my heart wherever ago. She is someone I could never afford to lose over a silly misunderstanding, no matter what or who. Her friendship is one of my treasures. She is one of my favorite people in the world, someone I admire for being strong, caring, honest, beautiful and very intelligent. Her friendship is one of my treasures.

Today is her Birthday. Happy Birthday dear friend! Thank you for your amazing friendship, may God always bless you with health, love, wealth, beauty and many friends and family that are always by your side making you feel loved and awesome. May all your wishes come true!! 

No hay comentarios.: